Thursday, September 17, 2009

Deep Greens and Purples



I've been away from the garden due to work, but I've been snapping photos of the gardens I come across. During this rainy season, leaves turn deep green (or yellow, if they drown). The dark purple on many tropical plants is more pronounced. It is a great, mosquito-filled time to walk around.





























Starting aratiles and guava seedlings:


Patola, hanging gourds:

I've been away from the garden due to work, but I've been snapping photos of the gardens I come across.

5 comments:

nutart said...

love your little photos, bea! our gabi plants just had too much water (I guess) from the heavy rains that they got black molds instead on their leaves instead of thriving :-(! how did you get those aratiles saplings grown? I have been trying to grow an aratiles tree in my garden. nostalgic kasi! and I want the birds to have some nice cafeteria here :-)!

nutart said...

can you write me an email, bea and give me you home address or postal address so i can send you some gabi roots? thanks!
bernadette from mindoro :-)
email addy: mbw.vph@gmail.com

Bea said...

Hey! Those are from my lola's, but usually you can just gather wildlings around aratiles trees, or walls, or wherever birds poop them out onto. Just do it after it rains so that the plant won't die.

They say you can propagate from seed, but I've never had any luck. Maybe one of these days I'll get one into a pot for you! Email coming up!!!

:)

Thanks!

nutart said...

hi bea! I hope ou and your family are all safe and dry despite the floods of Ondoy! Have you received the gabi roots? Hope they got to you in good condition!

chiqui said...

i planted 3 gabi bulbs weeks ago. only shows promise.