Monday, September 1, 2008

Remixing

I will be taking a permaculture design course in a few days. Pretty excited about that.



I've been out of the garden for sometime due to work and events. But it has been on my mind, as I've been remixing certain pictures with the meager contrast-tint skillz I have.

Basically, this has (to a minor but exciting extent) enabled me to see similarities in leaf formations (deepness of venation) that thrive in certain spots of my garden. Removing the color and other characteristics of a leaf allows you to make correlations easier among seemingly unrelated plants.

It has also made me see death and disease in a way that reminds me of aerial photographs of landscapes.





I've not so many conclusions on these yet, but I will probably keep doing them when I am bored. Patterns are bound to arise.

No comments: